July 27-29 and August 1 – Virtual
Leading an Empowered Organization (LEO) improves both individual and group performance in your organization. Participants in LEO come away with practical, proven strategies and tools that make an immediate difference. Participants learn what it takes to be a successful leader who demonstrates purpose, authenticity, and courage in creating an environment where others thrive as they strive to do their very best.
*Pricing is based on contract. Please contact us for registration and billing information at CHCM@CHCM.com.
July 27, 2022 (9:00–15:30 central time)
- Role, Background (any facilitation/teaching)
- Your Philosophy of Leadership
- Your signature as a leader – What you are known for
Objectives of Facilitator Course
- Choose one element of LEO to present. Convey it using a story from your own background, such as how you used that principle in your life or work.
Philosophy of Learning Methods
- Hear concept; Exercise to apply; Commitment to action
Facilitator Manual – How To Use
- How to teach from the manual; stick to the content; trust the curriculum; layout of facilitator pages
- Principles of debriefing, different methods.
Climate for Learning
- Your role as guide – Observing reactions & energy; Developing relationships with participants.
- Environment – What to do and avoid
- Introductions and Learning Agreements; LEO Conceptual Framework
- History of Leadership, Leadership Styles, Leader Ship, Balancing Management and Service.
- Articulated Expectations AE
Responsibility, Authority, Accountability
- Donna’s RAA video (optional)
- Accountability Cycle R+A+A
July 28, 2022 (9:00–15:30 central time)
- Mutual Respect
- Open Communication & Killer Phrases
- Consistent Visible Support
Unhealthy Behaviors & Replacement Behaviors
Interdependence; Commitment to My Co-Workers
- Developing a culture of safety, growth, and competence
- Punitive Practices / Positive Discipline
- Mistake making
July 29, 2022 (9:00–15:30 central time)
- Appreciative Questions
- I2E2 Assignment for Homework
- I2E2 Homework Stories
- Problem Solving, Consensus
- Problem Processing
- Group Problem Solving
August 1, 2022 (9:00–15:30 central time)
Each facilitator will choose one LEO element to present to the group.
The presentation will be about 10 minutes. The group will then give feedback on clarity of the concept and use of methodology.
The purpose of this exercise is to give us a safe place to practice expressing the LEO concepts in our own facilitation style.
Final reflections and preparation for upcoming coached LEO course facilitation
Facilitator Practicum Evaluations