What is the Business Case for Cultures of Excellence?
Today’s health care environment is marked by high customer expectations, staff shortages, and an intense outcomes focus. The need to transform cultures is greater than ever before. The transformation that comes with Cultures of Excellence results in organizational outcomes including increases in clinical indicators, patient satisfaction, staff satisfaction, and financial reimbursements.
Why is CHCM the Best Choice to Guide You on Your Journey Toward Excellence?
If you are on a Magnet® journey or any Cultures of Excellence journey, your number one predictor of success is an experienced guide.
Whether you are applying for a formal award designation or re-designation such as ANCC Magnet Recognition®, Pathway to Excellence® designation, Malcolm Baldrige Performance Excellence Award, AACN Beacon Award®, ENA Lantern Award, or simply pursuing your own unique culture of excellence, the team at Creative Health Care Management provides guidance and support for both initial and ongoing award or designation status. Grounded in the principles of shared governance/shared decision-making, we help you to understand everything you need to know about where you are, and we help you get to where you want to go.
CHCM utilizes a Culture of Excellence (CoE) team approach to the consultative support we offer. Our team approach taps into the expertise of consultants, led by Gen Guanci, an ANCC Fundamentals of Magnet Certificate holder. Our team consists of individuals who, while they were in their roles of Magnet® Program Directors or Directors of Professional Practice, brought their organizations through successful Magnet® designation journeys.
While there can be no guarantee of success, you can take comfort in knowing that the CHCM CoE team has a 100% track record of partnering with organizations on their multi-year journeys to successful Magnet® designation and/or re-designation.
Gen Guanci, Creative Health Care Management consultant, is focused on advancing nursing as a profession and nursing professional development. Whether it’s educating on Relationship-Based Care or guiding organizations as they establish a culture of excellence, including the journey to Magnet® designation, Gen sees the possibilities in all of her clients.
CHCM provides every essential service in support of your organization’s journey to excellence. To learn more about each individual service, click here.
For a list of leadership services for Magnet Program Directors and Cultures of Excellence Champions, click here.
Magnet® Focused CHCM Clients
- Winchester Hospital, Winchester, MA
- Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles, CA
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA
- St Francis Hospital, Columbus, GA
- Antelope Valley Hospital, Lancaster, CA
- St. Vincent’s Medical Center, Bridgeport, CT
- York Hospital, York, PA
“Relationship-Based Care was the foundation of the professional practice model we used to achieve Magnet® designation in 2009 at York Hospital. With its emphasis on Primary Nursing and its patient focus, Relationship-Based Care makes an ideal infrastructure for delivering high-quality individualized patient care.”
~ Michelle DeStefano, Director, Professional Nursing Practice, York Hospital, York, PA.
- Feel the Pull: Creating a Culture of Nursing Excellence, 2nd Edition. 2011. Gen Guanci, MEd, RN-BC, CCRN, Minneapolis, MN: Creative Health Care Management.
- Ready, Set, Go…or Are We? Magnet®Readiness Assessment Considerations. 2014. Gen Guanci, MEd, RN-BC, CCRN
- The Seven Essential Steps to Magnet®. 2014. Gen Guanci, MEd, RN-BC, CCRN
- Why Magnet® Designation is Worth It 2014. Gen Guanci, MEd, RN-BC, CCRN
- Creating and sustaining a clinical environment of nursing excellence, July 2014. Nursing Management, Roberts-Turner, R., Lael Coleman, L., Guanci, G., Kunze Humbel, T., Walczak, D.
MAGNET®, Magnet Recognition Program®, ANCC®, Magnet®, and the Magnet Journey® are registered trademarks of the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The products and services of Creative Health Care Management are neither sponsored nor endorsed by ANCC. All Rights Reserved.